How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card Online is the most frequently asked question among cannabis smokers. You can get a new medical cannabis card or get a renewal for it today online. So many are turning to medical marijuana to help treat ailments, address chronic pain, and assist in the treatment of other medical conditions. A lot of states have excellent medical cannabis programs. Still, it can often seem daunting to figure out where to begin to find a reputable and affordable company to purchase a medical marijuana card. It’s now possible to obtain a MMJ card online if you reside in a state where it’s legal. Most states place the burden of responsibility on the doctors to ensure a patient qualifies to be treated with medical cannabis. We recommend Online Medical Card’s highly-rated company for the fastest turnaround time and outstanding customer support. Learn more about them today below!
How to get a medical cannabis card online?
Getting an MMJ card may seem daunting, but rest assured, it is an easy and safe three-step process. Each state follows the following three-step process.
- Pre-qualification is the first step in obtaining a medical marijuana card, regardless of your state of residence. This is a simple questionnaire that asks questions about a person’s medical history. It is essential to fill out the questionnaire honestly and accurately, so the doctor has all the information they need moving forward and that the process is quick and hassle-free. There are no long waits in the waiting room of a doctor’s office, and each patient will be connected with a 420 doctor minutes after applying.
- Step two involves a consultation with a 420 doctor. During this time, the doctor will take each patient through a platform that maintains all HIPPA laws, ensuring the utmost privacy for each user. The doctor will proceed to review the pre-qualification application, ask questions, and determine if the application qualifies for an MJJ card or not. Qualification differs in each state, with some states being more strict than others, so all applications must have an open and honest discussion with their assigned 420 doctors.
- The final step in this process is receiving a recommendation from the doctor.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card Online in California
Getting approved for a MMJ card in California has never been easier or most cost-efficient. In three easy steps, a patient can get qualified for the MMJ card and be on their way to finding relief for medical ailments.
- Applications must fill out a pre-qualification form by answering a form online.
- Once the applicant has submitted their pre-qualification form, they will meet with a 420 doctor face-to-face via phone, tablet, or computer.
- The applicant will be approved or denied after speaking with the doctor. If approved, the doctor will submit a recommendation for the patient’s approval, which they will receive via email in a matter of minutes.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card Online in New York
- The process starts with a standardized pre-qualification form to be reviewed by a doctor.
- The applicant will then have a video consultation with the doctor for the doctor to ask the patient questions, listen to their medical history, and determine if the applicant can benefit from medical marijuana. A standard online consultation lasts 20 minutes or less, and qualification will swiftly be approved or denied.
- Upon approval of being approved for a medical cannabis card in NY, the patient will get a PDF email of their recommendation within 24 hours. This email is crucial as it contains a “Patient ID” from a prescribing doctor and will be used to register with the state’s health department for a MMJ card as either a patient or caregiver.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card Online in Pennsylvania
The process of obtaining an MJJ card in Pennsylvania is similar to that of New York.
- The first step is registering with Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana registry. This is crucial, as each applicant will be given a patient ID number needed to begin their consultation. No appointment needs to be scheduled at this time, as the applicant needs to answer an online questionnaire to be reviewed by doctors to assess if marijuana is a viable treatment option.
- The second step is the patient evaluation process, which will be conducted via video or phone. If the application does meet the state’s requirements, the 420 doctors will proceed to grant application approval, which will be submitted to the Pennsylvania state website.
- The final step requires approved applications to log into the Pennsylvania website to complete the application process. The standard application fee is $50. Once this process is completed, the patient usually receives their MMJ card within two to five business days.
Benefits of a Cannabis Doctor’s Recommendation and MMJ Card?
Each state has its own set of laws about medical marijuana and the consequences that you can face with the possession of marijuana. For instance, in California, Proposition 215 is in place to protect medical marijuana card holders. This proposition states that patients who possess cannabis for medical treatment, as recommended by an appropriate physician, are exempt from state laws that might otherwise land those people in jail.
When you receive your medical marijuana card, your treatment has been backed by a physician. At this point, it is no longer a “drug” issue. It becomes a medical issue, and your medical problems are between you and your doctor alone. Businesses and employers do not have the right to fire you for having a medical marijuana card in most states where medical marijuana is legal. Six states (New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Montana, New Jersey, and Nevada) have passed laws that protect the employment rights of even recreational cannabis users. The number of states with similar laws protecting medical marijuana users is even greater: 21 states have some type of these laws.
Suppose you are nervous about any negative legal connotations that may come with a medical marijuana card. In that case, it may be a good idea to seek the counsel of a legal professional for your peace of mind.
Legal Medical Cannabis Amounts
As we know, medical marijuana laws are confusing. You can have an amount of marijuana that is perfectly legal until you cross state lines; now, you are suddenly over the legal limit of cannabis possession. Even though you are not breaking any laws in your state, that may not be the case when you take your medicine with you on vacation. It is important to be familiar with the laws of any state you may visit. Thorough knowledge of these laws may help keep you out of legal trouble.
In California, a medical marijuana cardholder can legally possess up to eight ounces of dried cannabis. Within the state, retailers may sell customers up to eight grams of concentrated cannabis.
New York has somewhat stricter rules on legal cannabis amounts for medical marijuana card holders. In this state, your physician will prescribe you a 30-day supply. The amount of that prescription is all you will be able to have on you. How much cannabis you can possess in New York will depend entirely on your condition and your doctor. Additionally, a New York physician cannot write you a new prescription until you are down to a seven-day supply from your previous prescription.
Pennsylvania has very similar laws as New York regarding the amount of medical marijuana you can have in your possession. Additionally, in Pennsylvania, more restrictions may be listed on their card that determines what types of product the patient will be able to buy.
Ability to Cultivate Marijuana At Home
Some people who already love gardening may decide that they want the chance to grow their own medicine at home. These people may also worry about the laws surrounding this topic and how they will affect their growth. Many questions can arise about the legality of growing your cannabis, so it is essential to know your state’s laws.
Medical marijuana users In California are allowed up to six mature plants or 12 immature plants. However, some counties in California will allow cannabis users to have a grow space of up to 100 square feet!
Unfortunately, in New York, cultivating your plants is not allowed. It is the same rule in Pennsylvania, and growing plants in either of these states can end with a fine or prison time. We recommend those who don’t reside where medical marijuana programs are available to buy CBD online.